Worried about the future of Freelance?
I am going to prove you wrong.
Better yet. It is mathematical proof.
In this article, you’ll learn:
- Why freelancing is better than a 9-5 job.
- Freelance statistics.
- Challenges of a Freelancer.
- What you need to secure your future in Freelancing.
I did a Job search on “Freelance Writing” at Upwork.com
BOOM! 1676 jobs available at Upwork.com for the keyword “Freelance Writing”!
As you can see, the freelancer who takes the first job would get about $15- $40 per hour.
Is Freelancing better than a 9-5 job?
Suppose you want to make 1000$ per month. How many hours should you work at 15$ per hour.?
1000/15 = 67 hours (approx.)
If you work for 5 days a week, it means:
It’s just 3.4 hours per day.
$1000 in a month.
And that is Financial Freedom.
But, why is Freelancing better than the average job?
Because with the above simple calculation you will earn more than 6.5 times what the average Indian earns in a year.
Hence, It is mathematically proven that Freelancing should be the future of anyone.
As you can see, over the past 5 years, the search term “freelancer” has been gradually rising.
Major challenges to Freelancing.
- Freelance employees have minimal working rights, such as minimum salaries, insurance care, sick leave or even pension benefits.
- The payment is also guaranteed only after the completion of the project, which gives a sense of financial uncertainty.
But, let’s focus on the greatest challenge of a freelancer.
In the Freelancing World,
- You don’t just get paid to visit the office.
- You don’t get paid to make your colleague do the work.
- You don’t get paid if you don’t have the skill.
- You don’t get paid if you don’t submit a quality product/service.
You get paid only if you submit a good quality product/service.
And this is what a Freelancer should do:
The table below shows you how much the freelance world is willing to pay you. But do you have something to offer in return?
If not, You need to catch up.
|FIELD OF WORK||AVG. HOURLY RATE|
|IT & Programming||$21|
|Design & Multimedia||$20|
|Writing & Translation||$16|
|Sales & Marketing||$18|
|Engineering & Manufacturing||$21|
|Finance & Management||$19|
|Administrative & Customer Support||$11|
In my case. I am a content writer and a Digital Marketer and this is what I did:
- I attended a Live certification course from a recognised Digital Marketing Institute.
- I have explored tools like Ubersuggest, Google Trends, Google Keyword Planner, WordPress Quillbot, Grammarly..etc
- I started 2 blogs.
- I have a Google Ad certification.
- I constantly build my network on social media.
- I follow successful people in my niche.
- I update my LinkedIn profile regularly.
- I’m going to get what I want.
So whatever your field of work may be, the above points sum up the freelancer mindset to create your future in freelancing.